Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Renny's First Ten Year Old!



I'm writing this entry on Monday, March 28th.  Stacey and I have been trying to coordinate a chance for Renny to get a little riding experience from someone closer to his age!  So, Stacey set up that Sarah, a really competent strong quiet rider at St. George, would take my Saturday lesson with Renny and ride with the four ladies on their giant draft crosses!  Sarah and Renny were amazing.  Renny  was the tiniest bit nervous at the very beginning because he didn't understand why I wasn't mounting, and he had to use the mounting block for the first time, so he was stepping lively.  But when I looked at him next, he had his head dropped in his usual relaxed quiet way and was totally bonded with Sarah.  And she rode him beautifully.  They just quietly efficiently effortlessly did their upward transitions, downward transitions, worked the little serpentine obstacle course, and they were very very good about keeping lots of space for themselves, while those big draft crosses kept clustering.  Renny looked like a little quiet hunter show pony.  I could just imagine him at his work down the road!