Thursday, July 7, 2011

My Beautiful Talented Girl!

Okay, so I'm writing this entry on Wednesday, March 23rd, and I am happy to report that Violet and I have been on a groove.  I know it won't last forever and that we'll have bad days or moving backwards days, but I'm just saying that for now, we've had many days in a row where we've been good at our good stuff and had fun trying new stuff!  It's been a delight.  For example, last Tuesday, she was hard-working and sensible for her half and half lesson with Stacey.  And last Thursday, she was light and fun and happy in her jumping lesson.  This weekend, she was truly a good girl at her four activity stations and half-passing.  And then on Monday, she was amazing in her evening lesson, by being patient and good about different walk, trot, canter, halt transitions.  And she was terrific about taking the canter without head-tossing or complaint -- just nice and round and soft.  And then yesterday, Stacey gave us a great lesson that really worked our butts on our weaknesses.  I had to practice half-halts because she's been quick and on her forehand lately over jumps and I need to get a better handle on her because we've been jumping a tad bigger.   She was patient and hard-working and very sensible about it all. It gave me a chance to work on my form which is not up to snuff!!  And then Stacey also had me do a lunge exercise that let me do all these deep seats to really feel Violet's movement.  I did all these yoga stretches too.  I just loved it.  I'm really enjoying the lesson program at St. George and I am so proud of my beautiful thoroughbred girl!