Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My Adorable Hard-Working Boy

Here's a photo from mid-March and I'm writing this entry on March 23rd.  In a little over a month, as I write, Renny will be fully three years old.  I've been trying to read more books to get me in the training mood for him because he's had lots going on.  I spoke with a trainer at Quicksilver Farm in Chardon about taking him on later this summer to help him over his first fences and help him with his lead changes.  And she told me that I could be working him over 18 inch crossrails over the summer.  So, I've been reading a book on how to school with groundpoles and he's just been fabulous at it.  My little sport is really such a good good boy!  For example, this past Monday evening at his lesson, he was just an angel.  He gave me different versions of trots, he took his canter transitions beautifully.  He cantered over ground poles.  He popped over cavaletti in the second position.  And, most special, he did these wonderful trots and canters in a quiet circle and nice and straightly through parallel poles and then did nice relaxed smooth turns over ground poles and he was happy to stop roundly and quietly either before or after poles.  I mean, he was just a baby champion in training!  I was so darn proud!