Thursday, July 28, 2011

Massage, Acupressure, Stretches



Here are some photos of Violet taken on the day that she officially ended stall rest, after hurting her coronary band.  What a blechy set of days, let me tell you. If Violet's  not well, I'm not well!  We're now on to a new treatment situation because her back pasterns got rubbed a bit by these icky bell boots.  Now she's not wearing bell boots in back, but has the nicest soft rubber ones to use.

But that's not what I want to write about on this Friday, April 8th.  I am trying to learn more about horses and caretaking and riding, so I've been reading books about acupressure, massage, and stretches.  And what's funny is that Violet LOVES it.  She loves to have the stroking relaxation massage.  And she feels so athletic but girly when I carefully do her stretches.  And she likes her energy to be manipulated.  She really radiates happiness about my using touch to love on her.  It's been a good experience.  And what I think is cool is that she's getting more supple and flexible with this program -- I really think it's working.  Our riding is getting better and she can supple more quickly and for longer periods PLUS her range of motion on the stretches is getting better and better.  I am enjoying honoring the athlete which is my good girl!