Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Renny around the Holidays!


Here is a little picture and video of my darling boy the Saturday before Thanksgiving.  He's such a wonderful pony.  He's been so solid and wonderful under saddle lately.  His collected, working, and extended trot are fun, but his canter just feels terrific -- flowing, smooth, lovely.  I'm writing this entry on Sunday, December 4th and Renny had a farrier appointment with a new farrier today.  He said that Renny's hooves looked just fine but that he wore the toe on his left hind unevenly -- he said that he hasn't seen him go, but there might be something wrong -- like hock involvement.  That got me good and nervous.  Ricky and Mary said that they don't think there's anything about it -- he just needs more support to pick himself up while he's working.  But he does trip in the back and I just feel nervous that maybe we started him a little too early and pushed him too hard.  I look forward to when his vet visits next Spring!