Friday, March 23, 2012

Violet's Dressage Lesson in December!


I am writing this entry on Sunday evening, December 4th, after an amazing week working with Violet.  Last Sunday, she had a beautiful ride with Emily and then all week, she worked hard with me to be an elegant granddaughter of Count Fleet and War Admiral.  And today was just amazing!  I came to the barn on a rainy grey damp cold morning and the horses were on stall rest because of the bad weather.  The barn was all cozy and nice.  And I got Violet ready for her dressage lesson and warmed up with Sofie and Louie.  Violet was quiet and sweet.  She was steady by the gates.  She had a nice bouncy trot.  And she was happy to just rest and relax but then finally give me her suppleness when asked.  And right after we had about 10-15 minutes warm-up, Janet arrived for our lesson!

And oh how wonderful our lesson was!  Violet worked hard the entire time with thoughtful good energy and spirits.  We practiced 20 meter circles, 10 meter circles in both directions, on the rail, off the rail, serpentines with multiple loops, coming down the center line with multiple halts, including halts right by the gate, transitions upwards and downwards, transitions upwards for the canter, halts and trot and walk offs.  I mean we worked hard and Violet only sometimes got anticipatey, but never upset or nutty.  Janet said that she was a good girl and deserved a gold star and had really improved a lot and that she had many good moments in the lesson.  I mean, I was so darn proud of her.

And then afterwards, Violet had steam just rising off her and she had sweat marks on her face.  She so enjoyed a massage of her face, cheeks, and ears.  She was so sweet and loving and I could tell that she felt quite happy and satisfied with her hard work!!!  I am just so darn proud of being a family member with Warm Admiral and Count Fleet's child!