Thursday, March 22, 2012

Violet's Softness


Here are some photos and video from the Sunday after Thanksgiving.  And I'm writing this entry on the Sunday following the Sunday in these photos.  All this week, Violet has been bringing her best heart to her riding lessons -- she's jumped sweetly.  She's been soft and sweet.  She's worked lightly in my hands to feel for a good working balance.  She's let me work work work half halt her on her jaw when she locks up.  We've worked very hard on having an outside balancing rein and to ride from my legs.  We've had a good wonderful week.  And I have to say that each day, I love my beautiful mare a little bit more.  She's so sweet.  Today when I rode her, she had her face all sweaty, so she just put her face down for full massage and rubdown and ear pull.  And she was so graceful and kind about everything -- the ride, the stretches, the treats, the hugs.  I truly own a gracious girl!