Monday, May 16, 2011

Breaking News! So Handsome after First Jumping!



I'm writing this entry on Monday, May 16th, my father's birthday and the first day of summer classes!  Last week was easily among the coolest of my entire riding life.  Here's what happened in day by day coverage:
  1. Sunday -- Violet was wonderful, just wonderful on a trail ride to Oak Openings - relaxed, lovely, kind, funny, happy.
  2. Monday -- Renny jumped for the very first time and lifted his knees quite happily.  He's amazing!
  3. Tuesday -- In our jumping lesson, Violet did a show quality performance of a relaxed, light, balanced, effective rollback!  Amazing!
  4. Wednesday -- Renny was ridiculously cool for his first outdoor riding lesson of the year.  He walked surefooted and calm all over the farm and then just banged out walks, trots, canters, circles and serpentines like he was at a show.  Stacey even said that she had no comments at all because he was just so show ready!
  5. Thursday -- Violet was an angel for her first outdoor ride of the year -- happily walking all over the farm, in and out of the indoor arena, and not placing a foot in any direction by forward for business.  She didn't even think at all about shying.  And her upward transitions were light and lovely. 
  6. Friday -- began Parelli again with Renny and Pessoaed the quiet lovely Violet
  7. Saturday -- I finally fell off Renny!  And because we are a team, we fell together!  He stumbled and went to his knees and as he fell in very slow motion, I rolled off him. And as I stood, up, he was looking at me and I could see he was waiting calmly for me to help.  So, I helped him to his feet and then he stook stock still while I unknotted the reins from his legs.  And then he calmly sweetly steadily just simply went back to work.  He was looking out for me and I was looking out for him.  AND THEN, he quietly happily in a no-nonsense fashion belted out an auto lead change, during a figure-8 cantering exercise.  He's just that great.
  8. Sunday -- Spent a fun day with the herd while enjoying the Spring St. George Schooling Show.  Got to Pessoa Violet and Parelli Renny again.
Basically, I cannot believe that in one week, I trail rode Violet, rode both outdoors and all around the farm, jumped Renny and got an auto lead change, plus fell as a team!  Unbelievable!!