Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Winter Pony! My Good Patient!




So, here are February photos of my beautiful pony in a snowstorm.  He looks so happy with himself.  I don't have any photos of Violet in this storm because she was on stall rest and was on day 6 of her lockdown, poor thing.  I had Dr. Zimmerman visit her that Monday and he said that he could tell she was having an uncomplicated heal, but that she needed stall rest to let the scab do it's work.  He didn't want it getting knocked off or wet by being out in the snow and ice.  She knocked herself good on her coronary band, but did not damage to the hoof wall, so she'll be fine.  She has to wear bell boots all the time, but I am very happy with the soft gentle tuffrider boots.  I ordered a set of front ones for her.  And she's going to be on three months of Grand Hoof, just to make sure that her coronary band and hoof are okay and to get her through the slow-growing winter.  Her front hooves are pretty short from pawing and non-growth.  Anyway, she's such a good girl.  I just can't wait for her to get a chance at turnout again!