Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Winter Pony! We Kiss and Make Up!




So, on Sunday, February 6th, I went to the barn in the morning to have another ride on my boy.  And he just trotted right up to me from his pasture with love in his face.  And he was happy about being saddled and ridden.  I lunged him a bit while Chloe and Belle were riding and something happened to scare all of us -- Renny jumped and tried to scoot away as Belle spooked into him and tipped off Chloe.  I was so impressed by how quickly he quieted down and was fine.  But then Tara and Mattie opened up one of the doors while I was putting away a lunge whip and Renny scooted again.  I was getting a bit worried that maybe he was channeling a new side of his personality, but when I got on him, he was his old sweet self!  We had a wonderful half hour ride and did working, collected and extended trots and precision halts and immediate trots from the halts and a lovely bending relaxed fluid serpentines and big figure 8s of relaxation.  And he was so darn happy to be in the arena with Belle and Mattie. He couldn't keep his eyes off the new girl.  And at one point, he was in a halt and we were facing Tara and Mattie in a halt and were just having a relaxed Sunday morning chat.  And I could just feel Renny's satisfaction.  We were back to being Team Renegade, after our disagreement the previous morning.  He walked back out to his pasture afterwards with his long happy stride and his head in a low hang of contentment.  He has crushes on some of the horsie girls in the barn, but he loves his grandma!