Thursday, May 12, 2011

Winter Pony! Violet and I Play!




So, because Violet's been on stall rest for part of January and February, we've been working hard to keep her active and happy.  She gets turned out in the indoor arena for a little bit each day which is not much, but at least is a little bit of time "out in the yard" for good behavior, poor thing.  Anyway, this past Friday, the 4th of February, I went out to the barn and was the only one there in the evening.  We had a happy time lunging and working all sorts of trotting and cantering circles.  But the real fun was early Sunday morning. I arrived at the barn and Jen had already put Violet in the indoor ring.  I went to visit her and Violet and I spent the happiest little hour, playing.  Violet is such an intelligent sweet girl.  She was happy to trot and canter and hand gallop around me in big looping circles, and she was happy to change directions quietly.  And she was happy to play the snort and run game when I acted like a tiger.  And she was happy to receive a massage.  Then I rode her and she was terrific, being happy and sweet and very bendy and flexible and giving on serpentines.  And we cantered and cantered and cantered with ease. And then she was happy for a parting grooming and massage session. 

But she will be most happy when she can finally be outdoors with her pals, enjoying her life as a horse should.  I do love my Violet.