Thursday, May 26, 2011

River Walk with Ambivalence




Over the next few days, I'll be posting pictures from my walk along the Tallahatchie River in McIntosh Reserve when I visited Hailee  in her new home in Georgia on a Saturday in late January, 2011.  I had just left her and her family and had lunch and then ventured out to this park.  And I have to admit that I wasn't feeling like a very good person.  As I walked along this river, I was very upset about what that man that I had sent Hailee to had done -- I was mad at him for taking Hailee's new blankets and halter and sending her to become underweight and scared at an auction.  I was so upset.  He didn't have to be so horrible.  And he was never sorry.  He's never been sorry for what he did.  And, in fact, when I contacted him to tell him that he didn't need to be so cruel, he responded by contacting the Provost of my university.  So, he's just about anything but sorry for the pain he causes in this world.  And that's the emotion I was feeling as I took a walk along this river.