Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Hailee's Story and Rescue

So, while I was visiting Hailee, I learned more about her treatment once she left my hands and I sent her to Tennessee to learn cutting and reining.  She was very quickly taken to a large livestock auction sale in Cleveland, Tennessee and was put in a pen with many many other horses.  Her two new winter blankets and her new safety halter were no longer part of her property, but kept by the person I sent her to so stupidly and foolishly.  She was underweight, probably because she had to fight with other horses for poor quality food.  Hailee had never had to fight for food a day in her life.

But though I failed Hailee by putting her into the hands of someone who could treat her so callously, Hailee was blessed by guardian angels at that auction on the Friday before Thanksgiving.  Paula was sent to see her and see her need.  Paula asked the pen handlers why Hailee was with the other horses and they tried to tell her, she was just a stock animal.  But Paula could see that she'd been clipped on her fetlocks, bridlepath, muzzle, ears, and her mane had been trimmed.  She could tell that Hailee needed help.

And so, I am putting it here in print -- G*d passed a hand over this mess. I failed Hailee by putting her in the hands of two untrustworthy people.  But he protected her and preserved her and found her safety and rescue.  And by doing so, he rescued me too.  I would be destroyed, if she had "disappeared" from my life by being sent to an auction and my never knowing where she ended up.  I am grateful to Paula for rescuing Hailee and showing mercy to me.