Sunday, January 8, 2012

Grandma and Her Sweet Pony!


I am writing this entry on Friday, September 9th, and this photo was taken by Lillian in late June -- well before Renny was deep into a happy satisfying partnership with Kelsey and before his two shows, two wins, and college.  Here we are just in the midst of training and muddling and having fun.  And I already look as proud as I can be.  So, you can imagine my feelings now.  What can I say about this miracle of a pony.  A few days after his arrival at Quicksilver, I got a Facebook message from Melinda telling me that Renny was being so good -- that he was sweet and willing to learn -- that he'd already been over cross rails and had a very nice jump.  That he had a new turnout buddy who was his BFF immediately.  And that they were so enjoying him.  I was not a bit surprised -- she used all the code words I would expect from him -- agreeable with everyone, sweet, willing, enjoyable.  That's my life with him.  I have a pony that is a wonderful darling companion.  On the very day that I returned from taking him to college, someone came up to me and asked if they could lease him when he returns.  I am so proud of this darling creature!