Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Trying to Make Decisions



Here are August 3rd photos of Kelsey riding my pony in a relaxed happy balanced fashion, a few days before she ends her training relationship with Renny and heads off to Law School.  In about 3 months, I would give him a scare by walking behind the kick walls.  But here in this photo, you see him wonderful and soft.  I'm worried about not training him well -- doing him a disservice.  So, I reached out to his A-circuit trainer who kindly and generously said she'd be happy to have him back, train him more, and find him a home.  But there was a small gap between that agreement and when we spoke again, so now I'm just confused.  I really like his new young trainer.  And I do like having two ponies.  And I feel so close and connected to him, if not in the same way that Violet and I are always on the same page, even when we squabble.  So, I really don't know what I'll end up doing.  Renny deserves a happy useful life and adventures.  He deserves to feel special and adored and capable.  And he deserves to be trained and cared for.  I don't know what I deserve.  Or want.  But it's the nicest kind of problem, so I'm not too worried!