Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Breaking News! Violet's Scratches are Cured!


We're having a beautiful day in Bowling Green -- sunny, but cool and crisp. I called Dr. Zimmerman to come see Violet because I was worried that her back white socks were still balding. We have the most wonderful vet in Dr. Zimmerman. He is so knowledgeable, has good horse sense, and is kind and straightforward. And intelligent! He's the best! He makes both Violet and me feel like we know what we're doing! Anyway, he says that, yes, she is going slightly bald on her back socks for now because her treatment worked! She has to get rid of the bad dead skin and underneath is beautiful, sweet pink skin with new hair already growing! I'm about halfway through her treatment and just have to debride that dead stuff away. Plus he says that I need to moisturize and condition her tail -- that she is losing hair from its roots. I own a thin-skinned, lovely thoroughbred who is related to champions through the ages! She needs velvet glove treatment! Anyway, we're grateful for Dr. Zimmerman, his kindness and expertise. Violet, Hailee and I count him among our blessings! Namaste!