Monday, May 14, 2007

Snowflakes' Kind Heart and Gentle Nature

I visited my Aunt Vicki one summer when I was around 11 years old. She let me eat whatever I wanted, read until late at night, and generally let me be me. AND, she bought me my first riding boots and gave me riding lessons. I loved my black riding boots and have them to this day. I wore them into a frazzle with pride. When I came back from that summer, my parents knew that they had to get me lessons, and eventually someone to ride. And that special someone was Snowflakes Princess, a 7-year-old P.O.A. mare. Snowflake was brought to the Hahner stable special for me to try, but I knew the moment I met her eyes that I would love her forever and that she should be with me. She was the most kind-hearted, brave, sweet, loving little companion. She was as sweet as a kitten, very eager to please, and smart. Very friendly and agreeable. She loved me and I loved her. She was the best sort of pony for a girl like me. She was a simple clear proof of God's existence and love. If you ever met Snowflake, you knew His loving handiwork.