Sunday, May 20, 2007

More about my lovely Snowflake


I really do know that Snowflake earned a special wide lovely pasture with a bubbling brook and trees in Heaven. She was such a good pony. I was never afraid riding her. I always felt competent and happy and in tune with her. We'd go on trail rides along the highway and I never worried about spooking. She enjoyed going through woods and across fields and into lakes for a swim. She was rock solid and a sweet girl. She was willing. Anyway, here are some highlights from our big show year in 1979. An entire reshod on 8/24/79 cost $13.00! On 8/20/79, I bought a pair of white show breeches at Bill-Miller's for $27.00! On October 7th, Snowflake got her winter blanket and Velcro leg wraps. On November 8, 1979, I saved up $72 of my own money to buy her a show halter. On September 3rd, at the Menominee A Show, it was the first time I placed in a Western class at a P.O.A. show and the first time I placed in all my classes. On October 7, 1979, at the Wild Bill Show, I earned a 1st in English Equitation 13-18, and 1st in English Pleasure 13-18, which was the first time I earned firsts at a P.O.A. show. For P.O.A. that year, I earned a 6th in Girls Non-Timed at the Year-end awards. And at the November 10th, 1979 North Central Horseman Awards, my dear sweet Snowflake earned Grand Champion at Pony English Pleasure, Reserve Grand Champion for Pony Western Pleasure, and Reserve Grand Champion for Pony Halter. I earned a 4th for Bareback Equitation, and a 5th for Intermediate Horsemanship. Yes, there was a time that I could sit and walk, trot, canter with seeming ease while riding bareback! But the thing that blows my mind is that sweet, adorable, kind pony was a Champion that year. I knew at the time she was the most special pony in the world, but there was empirical proof going on at the same time. She was a good-looking pony who obviously looked like she was a lot of fun to ride! What a good girl! Bless your ever-loving heart, Snowflake!