Thursday, May 3, 2007

My picks for the Kentucky Derby 2007!


Here are my picks for this Saturday's Derby! 1) Stormello; 2) Zanjero; 3) Liquidity; 4) Curlin. My top 3 picks are all 30-1 longshots, but I think they are just lovely. Stormello has Blushing Groom, as well as Stormy Atlantic as the sire. Stormy Atlantic has Hail Atlantis who has a grand-dam of Moccasin through Flippers. Here's what's cool about that -- Blushing Groom is of course Violet's relation AND I saw Stormy Atlantic in the breeding shed last year in 2006 when Tom took Carla and me on a shed run one early morning in April! Also, what's cool is that he is ridden by a jockey from Maurice, LA who used to run at Evangeline Downs (I've been there -- it's where I told this young boy which horse I had picked to win and he looked up at me and said, "Not today.") Zanjero is related to Violet even more with Runaway Groom, Dame Francesca, War Admiral and Princequillo. He also has a splash of Secretariat. And Liquidity has the wonderful Blushing Groom! It'll be so wonderful to see my first Derby with my family running! Here's a photo of Stormello -- all red and pretty like my Violet!