Thursday, May 1, 2008

Due Date + 14! Baby Steps!


This morning I went out to the stable and Stephanie and I decided that H was getting a little larger of a bag and that her teats were definitely larger and moister. So, progress! Hailee got a good grooming and then took a happy dirt roll. She can still make it all the way over, but she sure has trouble standing back up! She is now 354 days into her gestation and I think that Nitro is planning a big escape soon! Soon, we'll be able to hug and kiss the foal and welcome him or her to the world! Can't wait to hug baby!
Yesterday I rode my beautiful Violet who was fantastic. I forgot to put out the ground poles, so we just practiced lots of circles, loops, serpentines, figure 8s, centerlines, diagonals, etc. She was very good about upward and downward transitions! I have to remember to put up a little X for her and some ground poles the next time I ride!

I had lunch with Barbie and KT today, so it was very nice to have a chat with those two and to hear all the news! They are busy wrapping up breeding season and are deep into preparations for their Summer horse auction!