Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Good Aunt!

Here is my darling, beloved Violet. This is a photo taken on day 2 of Renny's life. When I showed up at the stable on that Sunday morning, Stephanie told me that Violet was sad and in a bad mood and digging in her stall. And sure enough, when I went into her stall, she was purposefully facing the farthest corner with her butt facing the door. So, I gave her hugs and kisses and words whispered into her ears about what a good most cherished girl she is. She perked up a bit!

And so we worked out and lunged and we did our Parellis. And she was a HOOT! She decided to do *everything* *perfect*. She wanted to make a good impression. So, we did the friendly, driving, yo-yo, porcupine, circling, leading, and squeeze games and the backing out of a gate game. She was truly perfect. Just sensitive, paying attention, intelligent, trying to please! She was all that and a bag of chips. And then when I let her relax, here's what she did. She went to the gate so she could visit Hailee and the baby. She was so interested. So, I opened the stall, so she could have a direct eyesight of Renny. She thought he was cool.

When I went to the stable that evening, Sunday evening, I let her out to relax in the ring while I worked with Renny. She had little fits. She just watched us the whole time, and she'd bang and bite on the gate to get our attention. And when we'd call out, "Are you feeling left out, Violet, she would shake her head up and down." Sweet, sweet, sweet girl!