Thursday, May 1, 2008

Faith in Spring!


Yesterday was a transition day. I worried about Hailee and Nitro. But I had some good friends for support -- Christine, Jorge, Stephanie, Martha, Tammy and Lauren. My sister, Elena, was funny and nice about my worries.

And my mom is like the Cavalry! A few days before I started to worry, my mom put a check in the mail with a note attached which said "Champagne for Nitro." So, my mom has faith that everything will turn out well! Getting that note in the mail was like seeing the cavalry come over the hill. All good!

Anyway, I spoke to Dr. Zimmerman last night. He said that he thinks that everything is fine. He says not to worry about her not "bagging up," and that maiden mares can "bag up" in under 3 hours when they finally decide to deliver. And that he knows that she's healthy and is getting good exercise. He asked me questions about her situtation and inquired about her mood and spirits.

He says that he thinks there is a 75-85% chance that the foal is okay. And he hopes that the foal is delivered in the next few days, but if s/he isn't that he will come next week at three weeks overdue and check things out. He said he would help me if the foal is not okay and take care of Hailee. So we are back on board with the only thing we can do! Be hopeful!