Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Grazing Alone!


I am writing this post on August 19th as I sit at my office at work. Today our graduate students are taking prelims, so I am monitoring the demography one and wishing them all well.

The dog days of summer are upon us. And I just want to report that this summer has easily been among the very best in my life. I spent so many mornings just puttering around, following my little fellow, watching, grooming, playing. I learned what he's like. I know how he plays, how he works his herd, how he eats, how he feels about his mama. I am so glad that I spent these days and hours with him. The summer was short. I miss those mornings and evenings with him already in his first few months. In a little while we'll wean him and my little man will be officially on the trail to ready himself for his own family with children -- great little athletic show pony in the making!