Saturday, October 4, 2008

Renny's Inspection: The Blue First Premium Mama!


Hailee always surprises me. She's always brings a fresh wonder or miracle into my life. And here's what she did at the inspection which was unexpected, but delightful. I knew she was a good-looking mare and I am always proud of her atheleticism and overall appearance. But when we arrived at the inspection, it just seemed that every time I looked at her, she was transforming herself from the inside out as a spectacularly good-looking mare. She just seemed to inhale and radiate vigor, beauty, good-breeding, gloss, elegance, refinement, power. So, by the time, Barbie pulled her out of her stall and clipped the shank to her, Hailee was clearly init2winit! I could tell that the judge thought she was an appealing creature. And she stood in that center aisleway with quiet elegance as Barbie showed her to perfection. Everyone was impressed!

I think she was going for that Blue Premium because she knew it would help her foal in the long run and that it would help any other foals that she may have in the future. She behaved beautifully at her inspection, she walked quietly through the triangle, she was calm about trotting and cantering at liberty, she stopped when I quietly said whoa and turned to me to be led out. In all ways, she behaved like a wonderful broodmare. The judge thought she was a good girl! Now she belongs to three horse registries -- the APHA, the Foundation Horse Registry, and NASPR. She's a First Premium American Sportpony now. I am proud of her.