Thursday, October 23, 2008

Grazing with Mom!


These grazing photos are from August 8th. I am writing on August 14th, late at night, with the breeze blowing in through my window and a rain falling gently. I've returned from Joe Jacoby's retirement reception and art gallery opening which was a lovely, lively, joy-filled event. Anyway, these photos almost bring tears to my eyes. I have been so blessed to have Hailee as part of my life, and certainly blessed, blessed, blessed to have this healthy sweet foal. He's been healthy from the get-go. As has his mom. Born quickly. Up, nursing, and pooping within 1 1/2 hours. And Hailee recovered and sweet and working hard to care for her boy from the very first instant. I'll never forget that first day when we let him out of his stall. She followed him so close as he zipped around the ring, whinnying, whickering, worrying after him. I have been so blessed for this experience.