Friday, October 31, 2008

Hailee and the Blimp!

Here's a photo of Miss Hailee, doing what she always does, grazing with earnestness. Above her in the sky, unbeknownst to her, is a Blimp! I love blimps. Whenever I see one, I am immediately reminded of a long summer day when I was in my early 20s, spending the summer with my parents and working at the paper factory to help pay for graduate school. One hot lovely day in Menominee a blimp just kept circling the city, slowly and low, really spectacular. And here's one now in this photo, floating one beautiful morning over Grand Rapids and Hailee's pasture.

That pasture has lots of interesting objects fly overhead. One morning I was standing with Renny and his mother jumped and spun around and looked at the sky ready to flee, and the little man followed her lead too! What disturbed her was a big blue heron which flew over the pasture and then landed heavily in a tree with his long neck turning this way and that to look at the beautiful mama and lovely foal. Pretty exciting! Renny though it was a pterodactyl. He was concerned! He practically jumped in grandma's pocket!