Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Renny's Inspection: The Perfect Braids!


On the Friday morning that we were preparing to leave, I got to the stable early to meet Darla. Darla did the braids for both Renny and Hailee and she did a beautiful job. Renny stood still like a gentleman through the quick process and got handsomer by the second. He kept peering at Darla out of the corner of his eye, and I could just tell that he was thinking about being naughty! But he made a good decision. Afterwards, he shook his head and neck and you could see that he was mad that we had braided his rock 'n roll mane, his Jim Morrison flowing locks. So, he whinnied in frustration, and crow-hopped and stomped around his stall.

Darla made Hailee beautiful too. I couldn't believe it. Hailee looked elegant and chic with her braids. Her neck really is lovely and long and well-set and the braids really demonstrated her strengths!

What was the best part is that my mare and foal had the very best braids by far at the inspection. And the funniest, dearest part of all was that Renny never had a single hair out of place. He didn't muss a braid. Didn't lose a braid. Didn't do anything but look spectacular with his tight sweet solid red braids!

But when we got home and I let him out with his girlfriend, Ruthie, he was finally fed up with being a good primped pampered boy. He kept leaning into me and being naughty because he did not want me to even touch his braids long enough to take them out. I had to come on Sunday morning when he had a good night's rest, rejuvenated himself, and was eating hay. Then he was happy to have me take out his braids and get him back to his gorgeaus natural self! He wanted to be an au naturale American Sportpony!