Saturday, December 20, 2008

Gelding Week! Day 5 -- Icy Rain Keeps G'ma Away!


This morning at 4am, I woke up to rain. By the time I got up at 6am, the rain was falling harder. Zelia and I took our dark walk and the roads, while wet and snowy, felt fine and not icy. But by 7am, the news reports suggested that the rain was turning into freezing ice and on our walk home, I did see parked cars and tree limbs iced in sheets.
So, I am at home this morning, the second morning after Ren's gelding. Barbie said that Tom reported that he was in great shape at bed time and this morning, Doug has him turned out in the arena with a friend. So, I am leaving my little gelded weanling in the hands of his earthbound angels for now. He's ok. He's good. He's got lots of watchful caring experienced eyes on him. The only thing he doesn't have is his irritating grandma who is always up in his grill, making him look super uncool with his girlfriends! Namaste, little champion.
Here are some photos of Violet taken on the 18th when Barbie and I put out the girls for the day. It was an exciting day with the 5 grown mares in the front pasture and the goofy weanling and yearling girls in the bottom front. Lots of snorting, trotting and cantering around in the snow! They were happy for their long winter day relaxing!!!