Monday, December 22, 2008

Gelding Week! -- Day 7 -- Bitter Cold Sunday!

Today was 8 degrees Fahrenheit with a cold bitter wind blowing when I went out to the barn. We had a wonderful morning despite the cold. Renny had a good breakfast and went out with his mom, aunt and girlfriend. Violet and Hailee got lunged and good old Violet even worked with the long lines.
I am a bit concerned about my little boy because though he doesn't have a temperature and is eating and drinking fine, today I definitely saw that the end of his scrotum sac is swollen, purplish and tender. The incision looks okay, it's just that the bulb at the end of his scrotum seems to be having trouble. Tomorrow I'll take a look and decide whether he'll need a vet appointment on Tuesday before I leave.
What else? I left him out with his four girlfriends and he was busy rearing, pushing, and being bossy. His girls are like him and are very patient with their naughty boy! You can see a video of our wonderful cold morning together at youtube at this link: