Monday, December 15, 2008

Gelding Week! -- Day 1 -- Fleet of Foot!


Here is a photo of my darling Renny, jetting around the indoor ring with his herd of wild girls. He has four girlfriends now, though probably must still miss his long-legged Ruthie. Today he was ripping around for an hour with his mom, aunt, and Sedona, and then went out with his four girls. He was filled with vinegar and beginning to demonstrate his little stallion nature. He just wanted to sniff the girls and turn up his nose and indulge in his senses. Happy little boy.

I mention this fact because this week he gets his second set of vaccinations and faces gelding. He will be gelded on Wednesday morning. Everyone is being nice about it, but this is how I feel. I will do it, but I don't have to like it. I definitely do not have to like it. This will be a tough week for me and my little guy!