Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Violet's Misadventure!

In the middle of August, one beautiful weekend day, I went to ride Violet and when I got her out of her pasture, she was all tucked up and looking uncomfortable. We gave her banamine and Darla, Barbie and I watched her close. I dont know if she hit her side coming through the gate, had a case of colic, or what, but you can see in this first photo that she is worried as she looks at her flank. But she ate her food well and had a good night. And she pooped right away for me, just to let me know she was okay. Barbie said that when she checked on her in the middle of the night that Violet gave her a very surprised annoyed look as though she had been awoken from a deep sleep as she rested in her suite! I hope I don't have any other scares with this wonderful thoroughbred!






bf