Monday, December 8, 2008

My Appaloosa!

Okay, so you see this Appaloosa in this photo in the early, early morning of September? Well, here's my story. The entire time I was at Showgate Stables (around 2001!), I would drive down Poe and Sautter Farm right before the bridge about a mile from the stable. And I would always see this big fat fabulous Appaloosa mare! I loved this mare. I would see her eating by the barn, or eating by the river, or eating by the weeds. I would just see her. Fabulous her. And I would be glad that she's there. I would be glad that I was soon to see Hailee. Or Violet when it became 2006. Then I moved away for two years and boarded at Breezy Acres.

When I returned to Showgate in June of 2008, I never saw this App. I never saw her grazing. I saw her friends, the naughty cows who broke out and went into the bean fields all proud one morning. I saw the dogs. I saw the people of Sautter Farms. I saw the people in the little house by the farm who like cars. But not the App. Then one random day in late August, I saw the App!! It took me awhile to get both the video and photo of her, but it was worth it. I have known this Appaloosa for years. And what's cool about her is that she is just not that interested in me! I tried to say a big hello to her and stopped my car and she just gave me a casual sexy over the shoulder look, as seen her. Not interested. Go find your own horses, whoever you are! And lucky me, as I take this photo, I am only 1 mile away from 3 of the most wonderful, dear, smart, loving horses on earth who are always happy to see me, their mom or grandma! Namaste! So glad, Shanti, Shanti, Shanti, that the beautiful App is still on my driving route, Shalom, Shalom, Shalom, that she thinks I'm not worth more than a casual look, Peace, Peace, Peace to the Universe, that she's earned rest and a family at Sautter Farm!