Friday, March 13, 2009

Driver Training, Trotting Already!

Here's a photo of Violet, relaxing after her strenuous morning activities. You can see she's quite put out from all her work! I got to the barn at 7:50am and put out the herd for about 45 minutes. I fixed Renny's little things, like his feed and supplement and water. I gathered horse manure for my compost. I chatted up the new baby, Skippy Jon Jones. And then Violet and I went for a ride. She felt lively, strong, fit. She blew in relaxed confidence. We had a blast. And then Barbie, Tom and I hitched her to her cart and she moved out with confidence. Her ears were relaxed, her steps lively, her eye bright, and she even blew peacefully as she trotted on! Barbie trotted her and she was so good about the turns. Barbie practiced nice side-stepping tight turns with her. And Tom even got into the cart and worked Violet at different forms of trots. I never knew that my girl had a lovely floating extended trot in her heart. My girl has bounce and cuteness. And you could just tell that she liked her job. I even got to trot her when Barbie and I were sharing a ride in the cart. I was nervous and told Barbie that I wanted to "sleep on it," but she had smiling confidence in me! That's what's so great about Barbie as a trainer and life coach -- she knows what you can do, even when you don't! She knows how to ask you to unleash your hopes and work on your talents. And let me tell you, it was FUN to trot Violet in that cart for the very first time! I am more lucky than I can say. Both Tom and Barbie are expert accomplished drivers with deep experience. I am learning from two masters with big hearts.

Anyway, I can't say enough how cool this morning was. Violet proved that she has the heart of a big loving confident champion. As I sat in that cart and saw that cute red mare swing on with her ears relaxed, I just felt so much happiness! Namaste!