Monday, March 30, 2009

My Winnie in Chicago!

Here is a photo of my best friend from high school, Winnie. She and I knew each other from 9th grade on, including living in the dorms together, joining the same sorority, sharing an apartment in our later university years, and, on the odd occasion, being able to compare the kisses of the various boys in our social networks!

We went to Chicago this past weekend for a reunion and it was just wonderful. On our first day, on Friday, I arrived late in the afternoon and Winnie had made reservations in The Drake Hotel, a beautiful hotel right off Michigan Avenue by the lake. We walked to Il Mucino, this absolutely fantastic restaurant where we had just the perfect dinner for catching up. My dessert was without doubt the best I've ever had, with a mix of different sorts of berries in this wonderful wine sort of froth. Loved it.