Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Rainy Day Family!


Well, it's Wednesday night and today has been very nice. On Monday and Tuesday, Violet did a tremendous amazing job pulling her cart -- cheerful, cute, athletic, sensible. She was charming, even in the cold Spring weather and wind. Today, though, the weather was rainy, so I snuck out to the stable and put out the "baby herd." And here is my group of horses, hanging their heads over the gate in the arena to say "hey" to me, their mama and grama. What a beautiful herd of horses! After visiting them in the arena while listening to the rain and wind, I went and bought seeds at Bostdorf's, including beans, peas, carrots, okra, sunflower seeds, gourd seeds, and nasturtiums. And then I got a nice bagel at a store on Main Street after picking up the New York Times, and then picked up a book on art and a children's book on Abe Lincoln at our town library. It was a wonderful morning, followed by a quiet rainy grey day of reading academic articles and thinking about research. Then after that work, I went to give some clothes to Goodwill and shop for art supplies at Joann's. Then I cleaned my whole house and ate some of the food I processed last year! So, from the very start of my day, waking up with the cats, walking Zelia and visiting this gorgeaus herd of funny hilarious sweet-natured horses, I have had a wonderful rainy day! Namaste!