Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sabbatical Musings, Spring Break Upon Us


My Renny is such a joy in my life. As you can see in this photo Barbie took, he is a lively, healthy, beautiful, intelligent yearling. He was good for his vaccinations last week. He stands patiently when I tie him. He lets me groom him and pick up his feet. He likes to be led for long walks around the property. He is goofy, pugnacious, and squirrely when he runs and bucks and squeals and leaps and bounds. He's just a joy. And one of my favorite things is to stand in his stall with him while he's listening carefully to something. He stands so tall and lifts his head and points his ears and eagles his eyes. And he just seems like such a fine young pony -- all while letting his grandma hug him around his neck and whisper sweet nothings into his ear. He loves his grandma! And it's a ditto!