Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Vi, Hailee and Me


Here is another Montgomeryphoto taken on November 2nd. I look happy in my grey velvet hoodie, my green vest and brown corduroys and my beautiful mares. I am writing this entry on a sunlit day in late November -- November 23rd -- and I just finished reading The New York Times and read my Tarot cards. I asked whether I would have a successful sabbatical. And the reading showed on this sunny cold day that I am filled with spiritual resources and that I've experienced success based on my enterprise and hard work, but that I am anxious, nervous and worried about being isolated, separated, disillusioned. But the overall reading said that I'll die to the social order and therefore be able to dispense justice and work well and that my culmination card was Temperance, signifying that I'd ultimately live with mature adaptation to circumstances, living an individualized life. And I suppose that's the best I can hope for at this point -- I am very isolated in my department and I don't feel particularly valued or needed. I don't know what faces me in the future. I suppose it's the best possible time for a sabbatical -- right on the eve of a midlife crisis!!! I'm glad I have my mares and foal!