Saturday, March 14, 2009

Gentle Hope


Here is Hope again and her little Skippy Jon Jones. You can see that she feels a little bedraggled after her labors. And you can see that she's still got some edema left from the fluids that built up in her abdomen, during the past few days. But she will bounce back quickly and by this summer, she will be a glossy black wonderful mare with beautiful bright bay foal at side! I really love Hope and if I had a farm of my own would want her to retire with me. She's always been a blessing to her foals and to the horses who are in her herd. She was in the field with Hailee when H was a very young girl of 2 and 3, and I am sure she taught Hailee how to be a sensible and good girl and how to be a solid and sensible mother. Hailee got to learn from the best which is why she is such a terrific mother to our own little Renny!