Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Violet's Spring Break!


Okay, so the past few days have been really amazing and exciting. Barbie managed to borrow a driving cart from Lisa Busch. Lisa brought the cart over on Friday, the very first day of Spring Break -- perfect timing! Barbie and I put some of the harness on her and I long-lined her. She didn't mind the crupper at all and she was a great girl! Then on Saturday, I put the blinders on and harness and long-lined her. And then on Sunday, I pulled the cart into the ring and put harness on her and lunged, rode, and hand-walked her around the cart! She was perfection itself, not even a snort! So, today, Monday, March 9th, Barbie and I put the full harness on and Barbie practiced pulling on the traces and then we polo-wrapped her back legs, and hitched her to a training log. She pulled that log politely around the ring at a walk and brisk trot. And she was happy to do looping figure eights! She is really going to be a remarkable driving pony!




f