Monday, April 19, 2010

Breaking News! The Hardest Working Girl!

Okay, so last week, Violet was ridden 5 separate times, with jumping on three days. And now just this past weekend, she's really been rocking and rolling. Here is a photo and video from her last Sunday jumping clinic with Jill Jewett and then just yesterday, she had a dressage lesson with Janet Harms, not to mention three separate riding lessons with Stacey. I mean, this girl works!

And what was fun was our Saturday and Sunday lessons over this past weekend. I take Saturday morning riding lessons with four other ladies with their rowdy geldings and it's a blast. And Stacey had us working over ground poles and cavaletti gymnastics, doing these big looping figure eights. And it was just like a drill. We were all so proud because we did it with real grace without runing over each other. And then on Sunday, whoo boy, Janet worked Violet and my tails off! She had us doing a big extended booming trot through this large figure eight and then oval track cones for 45 minutes and then made us canter too. When we finished, my athletic strong fit girl was sweating and sweating and I was puffing hard too! But we put on her beautiful black and purple fleece and went for a breezy sunny walk. We walked around the grounds and went for a visit to see Renny who peeked at us over the gate. And we felt satisfied with our work for the week!

I'm really delighted to be taking flat work, dressage and jumping lessons, both privately and in groups. I know that I am very blessed right now in my life. And I am grateful.