Saturday, April 17, 2010

New Year's Eve with the Sanchez Herd


Here is a New Year's Eve photo and video I took. The girls had just been inside with me for a grooming. I didn't pay enough attention that day to signs that Hailee was uncomfortable. One really big sign is that when I went out to get Violet, Hailee just followed us right across the pasture to the gate. And then she acted squirrely when we were indoors. I now know she was showing signs of pain and discomfort. But it all worked out. St. George staff spotted her discomfort right off and my herd and I got to spend a quiet evening together on New Year's Eve, walking off her gas colic. I am really grateful for my two girls. Yesterday, January 25th, Stacey told me a funny story about how my two girls just love to play and goof around in the pasture. That the other horses will just stand around or graze, but that Violet will require Hailee to run and dash around and play!! I am happy those two sisters have each other. I know Hailee loves loves loves Violet and I sure know that Violet thinks her life is a whole lot better with a horse sister! Namaste.