Monday, April 12, 2010

My Eager Girl!



Here is a photo of Violet and Hailee taken very shortly after we moved to St. George. They had just gotten their new turnout blankets and were getting used to their new lives as horses of leisure! We had an eventful two months and I am writing this entry on January 26th. Exactly a month ago, on December 26th, Violet had a short trim which resulted in her being ouchy for two weeks and unevenly warm for three weeks. So, this week was the first time in a month that I'd had a chance to ride her. We had two lessons, one on Saturday and one last night for the Monday night lessons. And let me tell you, I am just delighted and proud of my girl. She just moves out with eagerness and calm and long thoroughbred strides and she is indefatigable at her trotting and cantering. She is eager to give her best and enjoys the patterns and activities. She tries her very best to bring her best! I just could not be more proud. And the footing in our arena is so good and the arena is so large and the ceiling is so high. It just feels like I'm an angel on her back and that we might float up into the sky. I feel so happy. This morning I realized -- Violet gave me her heart long ago and just now just recently, I've given her my heart in return. We are a real team. She is so sweet and loving and funny and companionable and agreeable. Last night, Katie gave me a compliment -- she said that Violet and I were made for each other. I don't know if that's true or not, but I will say this -- I'm blessed to have Vi in my life! Namaste.