Thursday, April 8, 2010

Renny at the Gate


Here's a photo of my little man, peering at me from his gate. His pal standing next to him is always there, hoping for some love and to be brought in . And my little guy would be happy to come into his stall in the afternoon, probably for a nap. He's so funny! Anyway, he had a little over a week vacation when I had car trouble, but when I came back, he was amazing!! He totally knew how to trot-in-hand, though I'd shown him only once. And he is relaxed and capable at lunging. And he knows how to release to pressure around his hocks and fetlocks. And he is just so responsible about walking properly with his handler. Anyway, here's an example. I am writing this entry on Sunday, January 17th and this afternoon I took him into the outdoor ring to work with him. He focused, he worked, he practiced his craft. And even though someone was firing a rifle in the next farm over, he didn't even blink or look or do anything other than work! So, I have decided to slowly work him at long-lining this week. Wish us luck!