Monday, August 9, 2010

My Jumping Jewel!


I haven't been keeping up with my blog as well as I should, so much detail is missing about my wonderful horses and their great life at St. George. I will have to kind of summarize. One day in early May when the days were turning more lovely, I had a private lesson with Stacey in which she said that she'd never seen me be more of a team with Violet and that she hadn't seen me ride better. We did great! And that day was our first day jumping over crossrails. Which we loved! Violet is a natural talent. So, I've had three crossrail lessons and a day of free jumping over crossrails over Memorial Day weekend with Baker and Cheri. I know that four little times of jumping over crossrails is just the inkling of a start. But what's fun and nice to report as I write this on June 2nd, is hope much fun I am having with my big eager lovely smart talented athletic girl. She jumps with earnestness and care. And sometimes she jumps "big" with real scope and a long low head and rounded back with her knees up tight. But it feels wonderful to feel her be big and strong and graceful. I want to take these lessons and get better at jumping. I am really enjoying my time with her. And what's fun is that we have been jumping courses with 5 hazards, etc. We have stepped up in just those first few lessons from jumping a single thing to having to do a pattern. I really love lessons and I super duper love Violet.