Monday, August 16, 2010

Ren and Parker



The past few weeks have been really busy.  I am writing this entry on June30th and I've been working hard for Renny.  Beth suggested that I try to get him into the American Hunter Pony Classic auction in conjunction with the Pony Finals, so I hired a photographer to take some video and photos of him, and we had him pose, longe, trot-in-hand, saddle, jump over cavaletti and I put in his application.  I'm as of this moment waiting to find out if he makes the auction.  This week I have to get a little video footage of him figure-8ing on long-lines and letting me "drive" him around the farm, so that we can post that to his sale portfolio blog. 

And what's been happening is that he's been getting handsomer and handsomer.  When he gets led in from pasture, he just looks so long and lean and relaxed and sexy and powerful and elegant and athletic.  I think he's going to be a truly handsome remarkable show pony.  And everyone knows that he's going to be on the market soon, so people are always telling me cute little Renny stories.  How he likes to mess with Ashley's boyfriend when he leads Parker and Ren in.  How he is friends with Elliott, Stacey's horse.  How he likes to cause hijinks and make all the boys run around.  How he's a real sport.  I just truly love Renny.  He has literally been just a miracle in my life over the past few years.  I can hardly believe there was a time when I was hoping and praying for Hailee to get pregnant and now here he is in all his fabulous glory!