Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Violet Saves the Day!

This weekend, while we were jumping, Violet and I had our first near mishap! I was feeling all nervous about her enthusiasm, energy and speed, so I was really holding her and bearing down on her as she approached the jumps.  And there's this one jump she just wants to take at top speed.  So, I accidently held her while we were going over and she tripped.  Her head went down as she tried to recover and I fell forward hard.  I couldn't quite grip her neck and I was slipping to the left and all confused. When Baker gave a shout to sit up! And so then Violet and I both popped up like we had strings attached to ourselves.  And she bounded across the arena all girlish and confused.  And I didn't fall off!!!  It was amazing.  I know I will fall off, but I was happy to learn two things from this near fall.  First, I really need to get comfortable with Violet's style and strengthen my seat for her enthuasiastic big jumps.  Second, my seat isn't as bad as I pretend!  My upper body fell forward, but my seat was pretty strongly attached to my girl.  I was able to recover from a trip and bounding leaps!  Yay me, yay Violet and yay Team Tenderness!