Thursday, August 26, 2010

Taking Care of My Foundation Mare

So, I'm not proud of this fact, but I have to report that my beautiful foundation mare has been neglected as compared to my other two horses.  Her farrier told me she had thrush and I haven't been treating her.  So, Hailee's thrush became serious enough that her frog was compromised and a bubble of sensitive tissue came up. So, she is now being treated every day with an antibiotic wash, providoine rub, thrushbuster and vet skin spray.  For five days, I would wrap her feet in animalintex, vet wrap, and duct tape, but now I simply treat her feet.  She looks so happy when I do anything with her that I feel pretty bad that she's feeling left out.  I need to give her more attention. So, today it's about 98 degrees, so after work, I'm going out to see her and give her a nice cool bath!