Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Renny Bounces Big!


This photo and video were taken Friday, July 15th and I'm writing the evening of July 17th, after a lovely busy weekend.  The Krull sisters have been helping me with my little herd and here is Violet getting ready to work her champion heart for Em.  On this day, Renny cantered into a line and cantered into a bounce with such beauty that I couldn't help but cheer like I was at a World Cup game.  He just looked like the most natural agile athlete and was so calm about his work.  And I just adore that Kelsey.  She told me that she could feel him asking to take the bounce with more speed and she told him no, and he asked again, and she said no, you can trust me, and he did...he slowed down and took the bounce with beauty.  She said that he's a great communicator.  I just love her training and riding skills.  She's a real gift to my pony and I can tell that he has a little crush on her -- he likes to give her his best and he is trying to learn!