Thursday, November 24, 2011

Renny's First Schooling Ride Away from St. George


Renny was nervous and I quickly realized that I wouldn't have the courage to ride him.  I would only put fear in his heart.  So, Stacey called Kelsey to come and school him on that first day and she showed up about quarter to 9, right at dusk.  Renny rode with a few other horses and with Stacey and Elliott in the fading light.  He had one big scare -- he saw a man leave the giant Wyldewood trailer and it was a man emerging from a cave.  Kelsey later said that she felt as though Renny was genuinely scared and needed comforting.  He wasn't trying to be naughty.  So, other than that snafu, he was a handsome champion about his work.  He brought his best heart.  And my friends who were there watching -- Carissa, Julie, Sherry, Katie -- they all said he was just an amazing A-circuit quality little guy.  I was so proud and nervous and happy about his next steps!