Friday, November 18, 2011

Trailer Loading Pony!


I am proud of many things this week ending in July 17th -- Renny met every challenge with calm sweetness.  But among the many things I am proud of, I am so very proud of how he handled trailering.  He walked right on without pause when I first pointed him at the trailer and backed off confidently quietly and unhurriedly when he arrived at the show.  And then when he went home, he stepped on again and stepped quietly off waiting for direction.  And then here's the cool thing -- I let him graze when we got home and then as I was leading him back into the barn past the trailer, I stopped to pick up something near the door and Renny thought I was directing him back to the trailer, so he started to climb on again.  Amazing!  Tired after two intense days and finally home and he was still willing to follow direction about getting back on the trailer.  He's truly a treasure!